Friday, August 7, 2009

Oh me oh my

Right now I'm either regretting eating Top Raman for dinner, or Mcdonald's for lunch. I seem to be ill, so this will be a very short post.

Today was good. I woke up feeling great again! Yeah me. We were planning to go to Santa Rosa today, but then I found out about a scrapbook expo, and well I don't think you need to guess which choice I took.

The expo was really cool. Had some issues getting into the joint, because of very long staircases, that I was afraid to go down, knowing it would be very hard to get back up. We ended up walking all the way around the convention center to get in the front door. Which was good exercise if you ask me.

Once inside I was pretty nervous the first go round the room. It was really hard because it was crazy crowded and the booths are small and narrow, and well that just set off my anxiety. The cool thing though, was since I wanted to be there and I was interested in everything, the anxiety went away by the second time around the room.

By the time we left I actually went UP the big staircase TWICE. Well the first time was by accident thinking it would lead to the parking area, but it didn't. I did it again, with almost no issue. Oh yeah we even had to walk on an overpass thing, high above the ground to get to the garage, and I managed that a few times too.

The funny thing was that at first we almost didn't go because of the heights, but thank goodness we did, because I got tons of loot for my collages. I'm pretty excited about this. My Anne of Cleves collage came out well I think, and I've got two more started, which should be done later this week if all goes well.

My goal is to be able to show these things somewhere. Most likely our local gallery, since I don' t think Ben Lomand is going to be too picky, at least it doesn't seem so after you see what they did to the outside of their gallery. Ick. It's a start anyway, and I need to start small, so that's my goal. I think I've almost got enough work to approach them now, so I'll be looking into how to do that pretty soon.

The rest of the day so far has gone fine. I've been doing pretty well managing my anxiety symptoms throughout the day, and really that's all I can ask for right now. Well that, and not to feel sick. That would be good too.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Good for you that you were able to stay! And even better than just staying, you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes it was very nice that we were able to go, and battle the anxiety. Plus I got lots of cool stuff! I guess that is my reward. :)

    ReplyDelete