Friday, October 30, 2009

TGIF

Okay so I'm writing this real quick before I have to watch the Food Network. Tonight I've been working on my mom's painting for her birthday on Monday. It's turning out pretty cool, and I'm really excited because it's that new technique I was doing yesterday. If this works out I'm going to do a bunch of them, and then submit them to the next gallery show.

Speaking of gallery shows, we went to the reception tonight for all of 10 minutes. There really isn't much to do unless you know someone well enough to chit chat with, which we don't. And no one there is looking at art, they are all gabbing and eating, so we deposited the cookies I made and left. It sort of feels like a waste of time, but I think it was good I at least participated.

The rest of the day wasn't too bad either. We had to go to Matt's work and to pick up some parts. I had some anxiety with that, because I was afraid they were going to go to the conference room upstairs and sure enough they did, but Matt said I could go too, so I did. Feew. I was actually doing fine, drawing my zen tangles, but when it was time to go I got up and man that stupid balance/pressure/dizziness thing hit me. After that I felt weird for about an hour or so, but it finally went away, and by the time we went to see Mr. Feathers at the park I was ok.

I was fine too at the gallery opening, though I never did have a conversation with anyone. Either way, I'm doing really well tonight. And it was very nice to sit and paint again. It really is kind of meditative.

Alright I'm starving as usual, and my show is about to start, so I'm off.

No comments:

Post a Comment