Thursday, October 29, 2009

The boat is rocking again

Well today was a much better day.

I was fairly productive, which I am surprised. Woke up good. Went for my drive after lunch. Was scared to pieces, until I got into town, and then I realized that it wasn't so bad after all. Ha. After my drive, I drove with Matt to the gallery to see my canvas, and yes indeed it was hanging! Oh joy. Though seeing everyone else's work (like always) makes me feel like an imposter artist. (The good news is, while there, I had no issues what so ever. Not even while talking to the gallery sitter. Then we went to the grocery store, and I was fine there too. Had to wait in line for a bit as well, and no issues at all. )

I really want to do other styles, as I have tons of interests. So tonight I have started to make a Zentangle, which is really really cool abstracty stuff. It's all about patterns and repeating them, and I never realized until now, how very Hundertwaser it was, which is a major bonus since I really like his work. I plan to transfer this drawing to canvas and then color it in. I'm pretty pleased with myself because I really like this process, and how it turned out. Now I can feel like a "real" artist. ( Just kidding).

But before I found Zentangles, Matt , Rico (neighborhood dog) and I went for a hike at the Scout Ranch as part of my homework. We climbed the hill to the part where it starts the other trail, this is where we always stop as I'm scared to continue because it starts making a loop, and once you start going too far, the exit is father and farther away. Next time we will go further though, so it should be interesting to see how long it takes us to do the whole loop. I would love to be able to hike again.

When we got home I started on dinner which was Split Pea soup and then I made chocolate chip cookies for the gallery reception tomorrow night. It was very nice being back in the kitchen and I cleaned and cooked and baked for several hours. I loved it, and I felt pretty good.

The weird stuff started when I finally sat down to read my magazine while the soup cooked the last 20 minutes. I started to feel the balance shit again, and now that dinner is done and I've been on the couch drawing, reading and watching t.v. I'm really feeling it hard. It's been pretty bad. It's like I feel realllllly heavy, and if I bob my head around or move it or any body part at all, I get the sensation that I'm swaying/rocking/off balance etc. really strong. I was actually getting sea sick for a bit while drawing but it went away.

Now the strange thing is this is coming and going. Mostly staying, but I can get into a sort of groove while drawing where I don't really feel it anymore. However, as soon as I shift around it comes back. Whatever. Not sure why that's happening, I really doubt it's anxiety as I'm having a really good day, and I wasn't worried about anything until this weirdness started. This is what I was talking about yesterday, nothing bad in my thoughts, no reason for anxiety issues...

So now I'm at the point where I'm hungry and ready to watch the Addams Family. I'm still feeling off balance wise, but I'm honestly trying so hard to ignore as best I can even if I do get sea sick.

Oh well, I hope it doesn't last too much longer....

No comments:

Post a Comment