Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I hate storms

Oh what a day. I have been on edge since 2:30 this morning. I did not sleep thanks to the rain. Wait let me take that back. I sort of slept from 2:30 to 4:44 am. Then I was up and awake at first due to dizziness, then because the rain was so heavy and loud on the skylights, that I couldn't stop thinking about the trees falling. We got like 10 inches of rain today!

The whole damn day, I've been nervous and checking the weather report. We lost our power, but not the internet or tv, so I'm able to keep track of the weather every 15 minutes if I want.

That's actually not good I'm sure, but it did help. At least I knew the hours when the severe weather would hit, which actually wasn't bad at all, and I could watch for road closures. My biggest fear is not being able to get out of here if we need to. Bear Creek has been closed, so that's one way out we can't take, 17 flooded, and so far 9 has been open, so I'm hoping against hope it stays that way.

To say I haven't been feeling great today, is an understatement. I'm having some strange sensations in my eyes/face/head, that have been going on most of the day. I suspect some of it is from not being able to sleep. I did take a nap, this afternoon after the worst of the weather, but it wasn't enough, I still have a headache and could totally sleep right now, if I wasn't nervous.

Even though the storm is mostly gone, it is still raining, and it doesn't mean the roads can't close due to mudslides, trees falling, flooding etc. so I won't feel better, until I know we can leave tomorrow when we come down for my therapy appointment.

I really want to do my art project, but I'm feeling too nervous/crappy to do it, though I know now would be the best time probably. Maybe I will. But I sure wish the lights would come back on, so I won't have to worry about using too much gas in the generator to light the kitchen.

Man I sure hope I can relax soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment