Saturday, October 3, 2009

I thought i was an artist

Today was a big anxiety day! I woke up okay, but even before I got out of bed, I could feel the weirdness start to happen.

Even so I got ready for the open studios tour today. I was nervous before we left, knowing I would have to be visiting with people and quite possibly getting stuck talking to them, and then of course feeling trapped.

And of course that happened at all the places we went to. The first one was the scariest though, and I got through that okay, but the next stop, I had to battle my height fears, because the stupid tours were on 4 floors. We only went to the first level, which I feel bad about, but seriously I was having a hard enough time walking through the halls there, so I wasn't about to try and make a fool of myself going up the stairs.

We saw loads of good art and very nice houses! We stopped by 5-6 different places, and most of the time I did pretty good.

Strangely enough, I had the hardest time, when we came back home and took Monkey for his walk. We ran into the neighbors, and had a long chat with them and for some reason, I could hardly stand.

When we got home I was still pretty nervous, so I vacuumed the bedroom, and just that simple task calmed me down. I then went downstairs to paint, and try my hand at abstract art. Which I saw a lot of today, and really wanted to try to do.

Oh good god, why did I bother? I am so fed up with the two canvases I started tonight, I really should have stuck with what I know. I know I shouldn't expect to be able to do something right away, when I don't even know how, but for some reason, I do. I expect it will be easy, and I'll just create this awesome painting. So not the case at all!

I haven't given up, but I'm definitely putting them on the back burner for a bit. Anyway the rest of the night I've done well, and I'm about to eat again, (something about this hour, makes me hungry) and watch my shows.

Major trapped points today!! Holy cow, I really pushed my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment