Saturday, July 25, 2009

Art day again!

So overall I had a pretty darn good day. Yet... I still had major anxiety in spots.

I'm keeping this short tonight as I'm tired and need to relax, but here is my day in a small nutshell.

Woke up feeling pretty decent. Stayed feeling good for a few hours, then I started feeling just a little yucky around lunchtime. As we were discussing the plans for the day, I got increasingly anxious.

Matt wanted to go on a motorcycle ride or for a run, and both of those things I didn't feel comfortable doing with my balance issues. They weren't crazy bad. I was probably more afraid of them getting worse than anything. However the anxiety sped up. We decided to go to the store as a compromise. I know. Very exciting. Well, while we were there, it hit me big time. I was a mess feeling all sorts of anxious and having balance problems galore. The worst was of course waiting in line. It felt like it took all my strength to stay up right.

Finally we made it out of the store and back home, and I relaxed. We went downstairs to the studio and after spending a few moments with my art, I was pretty good.

We spent a few hours down there, and It was great. I got a lot accomplished, and I wish I could go back tonight, but it's too late. Then again, maybe I will.

The only reason we stopped was because we went over the hill to Petroglyph to work on our stuff. On the way we got caught in major beach traffic, and I swear I almost turned around and went back home when I saw the line of cars snaking down 17. Despite my misgivings, we went ahead and it wasn't too bad.

Thank goodness because I'm so glad we went, because I finally got my teapot back!! Woo hoo! It took about 7 visits before it was finished, so I was super excited to see it. We ended up spending about 3 hours there, (I'm working on a mug now), and I felt good almost the whole time. I even went to Powell's and got ice cream by myself and wandered to the car by myself.

By the time we got home, I was almost back to normal. I'm still feeling pretty good, so maybe I'll wander downstairs again...

No comments:

Post a Comment