Friday, November 6, 2009

I did it!

I went to the dentist. The whole experience was totally painless, though I almost barfed on the the technician when she put one of the cardboard x-ray plates in my mouth. I gag brushing my teeth, so I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised when that happened.

Anyway, the experience was good. I was nervous, though not as bad as I was for the doctor. I told him right away I had bad anxiety and he couldn't have been nicer, though I can't say the same for his assistant. She seemed irritated, and did not give off an understanding air.

Anyhoo, the main thing is, I have to have my tooth extracted. Which I'm VERY nervous about. Also I am being referred out, since my dentist refuses to take my tooth out, because it is quite a bit decayed, and he just doesn't want to deal with that. Don't really blame him.

My consultation with the other dentist is Monday. I'm nervous, but I also know it's just an appointment to talk, so it shouldn't be too bad. The only problem is after that, I can't put off the actual procedure much longer. I am very scared of bad bacteria getting into my bloodstream and causing a ruckus. Which of course the dentist said could happen because germs are heading in there, but it is rare to have such a complication.

So at this point I'm pretty much in denial about getting my tooth pulled. I'm just going through the motions I have to for now, but I know I'm going to put the brakes on when the actual time comes. Honestly how the hell am I going to deal with that? Unless it's a very very quick procedure, I don't think I can. I mean I've been putting off getting my wisdom teeth out for 20 years!

Other than that, my day went by fine. I've been pretty pain free up until a couple hours ago, now I'm just trying to stay comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment